Here are 5 ways that you can commit to supporting CCD today (and only one of them involves cold-hard-cash, er, PayPal).
1. Donate stuff. Take a look at our Wish List Page. See anything you could donate? See anything someone else you know might be able to donate? Networking makes all the difference - even if you don't personally have an item, you may know someone who does! Have something that you think may be beneficial to Compass Creative Dramatics, but its not on the list? Let us know!
2. Donate time. Compass Creative Dramatics functions with two full time staff and an amazing team of freelance artists and teachers, some who donate their time. There is always something that CCD could use a hand with whether that might be doing a bit of data entry, hanging posters in your favorite kid-friendly hang-out, teaching a class, standing at a convention booth, or a plethora of other amazing ways you can pitch-in.
3. Donate your network. Compass Creative Dramatics is seeking to grow its residency and camp programs. Know of a school, park, or other organization that might be interested in a week-long theatre experience? Tell us about them! Share with us how you know them, who they are, and, if you know, who the best person to contact would be. Word-of-mouth and referrals are our strongest marketing tools. Be a part of it by sharing with us your old elementary school, a girl scout troop you lead, or a community youth program that you know of.
4. Donate your talent. Are you an actor? Commit to auditioning for our fundraiser event that will be taking place May 4th! Are you a photographer? Donate to shoot at one of our events! Are you a seamstress? Donate a few hours of building costumes!Are you an accountant? Donate financial advice. Are you part of an artistic team at another company? Let's chat about cross-support! Are you a marketing Guru?Donate a few a bit of marketing advice!
5. Donate money. CCD has committed to serving its community and offers dozens of free workshops to hundreds of students each year. We also offer financial aid to their numerous camps that is not financially backed by a grant or corporate monies. Your dollars go to help support these commitments as well as helping us with show responsibilities such as building sets, costumes, and props!
Consideration is a great step in the giving process. Commitment takes it to the next level. Are you ready to commit?
Click here to commit to donate to Compass Creative Dramatics one or more of the ways above. Show your support to Compass Creative Dramatics this coming season!
Thanks for your support this #GivingTuesday!
- CCD served over 169 kids in 9 camps and residencies across 3 states in their 2nd year of business. This compares to the 52 students they served in 4 camps across 3 states in their first year
- Over 15% of those students received financial aid or scholarship, several whom attended camp with $0 family contribution
- 0% of families who applied for financial aid were denied
- CCD's financial aid application implements a "pay what you can" method, so that families never are asked to contribute beyond their means
- CCD served over 750 students across 6 cities in our free workshops -- a significant increase from the 300+ students they served in 2013