Fall: September - December 2015 with potential to extend
Spring: January - May 2015 with potential to extend
Compass Creative Dramatics partners with school and community organizations to offer quirky, engaging theatre programming designed to provide arts enrichment and cultivate personal growth and character. We strive to provide these organizations an opportunity to enhance their current theatre education and life skills training as well as provide arts programming within schools and organizations with limited arts resources.
Compass Creative Dramatics is looking for a Marketing and Public Relations Intern to join their team for their upcoming 2015-16 season.
- assist art director in creating marketing collateral
- assist marketing director in creating comprehensive marketing strategy for 2015 season
- draft email blasts
- update current marketing packets
- attend promotional conferences and events with theatre staff
- research future marketing opportunities
- marketing collateral distribution
- draft press releases and other media related materials
- work with Social Media Manager to generate content
- assist team in spring fundraiser event planning
- work with art administration intern to create Chicago parent and school organizations and creating contact matrix and begin initial contacts with organizations for partnership development
- assist arts administration intern in creating and maintaining press clip, photo, and marketing archives
- attend company meetings and events and help with general event duties
- website content editing (no html experience needed - just proofing/editing)
- take archival photos during events
Marketing/PR intern will work alongside the managing, marketing, and art directors and social media assistant. Marketing/PR interns will acquire experience assisting in the day-to-day tasks of educational theatre marketing and will become familiar with client relations, program management, curriculum development, budgeting, and small business growth for an educational theatre. Some ability to work from home/telecommute. This is an unpaid internship but may be used for college credit.
- minimum of 3-month commitment
- hours fluctuating between 10-20 hours a week depending on theatre’s weekly needs and intern’s personal schedule
- proficiency with Microsoft office suite and Google Apps; must have own computer - laptop preferred.
- strong written and verbal communication skills
- a team player with strong ability to work independently and take initiative
- reliable transportation. Applicants with cars strongly preferred, but not required.
- access to Adobe Suite
- familiarity with InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- experience in theatre and education in Chicago
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line "Your name - marketing/PR intern."
If available, writing samples (marketing copy ideal) also appreciated.