Arts Administration Internship
Fall 2015, Spring 2016 (dates flexible)
Compass Creative Dramatics partners with school and community organizations to offer quirky, engaging theatre programming designed to provide arts enrichment and cultivate personal growth and character. We strive to provide these organizations an opportunity to enhance their current theatre education and life skills training as well as provide arts programming within schools and organizations with limited arts resources.
Compass Creative Dramatics is looking for an Arts Administration Intern to join their team for their upcoming 2014/15 season.
- prep direct mailings
- create a company comparables archive
- draft performance programs
- create and/or proof supplemental educational packets
- assist marketing intern in creating and maintaining press clip, photo, and marketing archives
- research Chicago parent and school organizations and creating contact matrix
- process new student intakes and follow-ups and maintain new camper records
- assist team in spring fundraiser event planning
- assist with communications, scheduling, and contracting with freelance artists, partnering organizations, and teaching artists
- general administrative duties including copies, errands, editing, proofing, etc.
- attend company meetings and events and help with general event duties
Administrative intern will work alongside the managing, marketing, and art directors. Administrative interns will acquire experience assisting in the day-to-day tasks of theatre business management and will become familiar with client relations, program management, curriculum development, budgeting, and small business growth. Some ability to work from home/telecommute. This is an unpaid internship but may be used for college credit.
- 3-month minimum commitment. Preference given to applicants seeking full-school-year internship
- hours fluctuate between 10-20 hours per week, dependent on theatre's needs and intern's personal schedule
- proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and Google apps including gmail, Google Drive, and Google Calendar. Must have own computer (laptop preferred).
- strong written and verbal communication skills
- team player with strong ability to work independently and ability to take initiative
Preferred, but not required:
- experience with and access to Adobe Suite, particularly Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- previous administrative support experience
- access to a car
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Your name - Arts Administration intern."
If available, writing samples also appreciated.