Spring Camp Checklist Details
The Checklist for Monday - Thursday:
· A snack. We will be taking a short break about half way through each day. If students would like a quick snack that can be consumed in a 15 min break (i.e. granola bar, grapes, string cheese), they are more than welcome to bring a snack for break.
· A water bottle. It is important that the students are able to stay well-hydrated and having a water bottle reduces the need to disrupt rehearsals by frequent trips to the water fountain.
· Dress comfortably. We will be up moving and dancing a lot and it is important that campers dress accordingly. We also require for campers' safety that they only wear shoes with closed toes and heel. No flip flops or sandals, please. Snow boots and other bulky shoes also hinder movement. Athletic shoes, canvas shoes, ballet flats, or dance shoes all work great.
· Daily homework. All students will have the responsibility of reviewing and rehearsing their parts for the showcase at home each evening because theatre is rooted in teamwork and everyone at camp, instructors and fellow campers alike, are counting on your camper to do their best and always be prepared!
· Observation. Please feel free to stay and for as much or as little of camp as you would like. We understand guardians’ desire to observe our creative and educational process and ensure that your camper is adjusting well to a new environment!
The checklist for Friday:
· Plain-colored t-shirt, jeans, and closed toe/heel shoes. We ask students to wear a neutral-colored, plain t-shirt and jeans as well as closed toe and closed heel shoes for the showcase on Friday.
· The showcase. The showcase is free to the public and families are encouraged to invite others to come cheer on their performers at 12pm. The showcase will run approximately 30 - 45 minutes.